Before you take a spin on your new Vilano electric bike, depending on which model you purchased you will need to assemble a few things.
- Attach the handlebars, saddle, front wheel and pedals. Attach any accessories that may have come with the bike like reflectors, lights, fenders etc.
- Pump tires.
- Check and adjust derailleur if necessary.
- Check spokes and true wheels if necessary.
- Check brake pads for alignment and adjust if necessary.
- Check brake levers and cables and adjust if necessary, check seat height and alignment and adjust if necessary.
- Charge the battery. Be sure battery is inserted correctly.
- Have a professional bike mechanic assemble the bike and perform regular safety inspections. Inspect bike prior to each use. If you are not capable of assembling and tuning bike yourself bring it to a bike shop.
- This electric bike is a machine, not a toy. Proper care must be taken during assembly, tuning and riding.
- Use of electric bicycles can be dangerous. User/consumer assumes risk of injury, damage, or failure of bike or systems, and all other losses or damages to themselves or others, and to any property arising as a result of using this electric bike.
- Always wear a helmet, use the safety lights, wear reflective clothing, and other essential safety gear. Be aware of traffic and be cognizant of all local use regulations.
- The motor of the bike is governed at 20 MPH in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Bike should be stored indoors.